Re: How to hadle the objects? g_set_data, global?

> I Usually create all my windows as a Child of GtkWindow, insert all
> the widgets I need in it (if it is static, at least). Then I write
> simple wrappers that I connect to specific behaviour on widgets.

Well, I liked your approach and I am trying to learn how to do it.

So, what I need to learn is how to subclass a gobject. As Tristan said,
there is a tutorial at DevHelp which teach how to do it. Unfortunately,
I was unable to accomplish it using that because there only pieces of
code on it and I couldn't find the sources anywhere (not on the place
said it would be or internet).

My next step was running to Google. I found the Gtk Tutorial, which
teach about TicTacToe. The problem there was that the code at the
tutorial is different from the code from the link that it references
(http://www.gtk.org/~otaylor/gtk/tutorial/) which is different from the
code that comes with the GTK+'s source. Not good.

Then, I found a online free book called "Gtk+/Gnome Application
Development". It is very useful but, the problem is that it is based on
the GTK+ 1.2 series...

So I am out of ideas. Every place that I found something is different
from everything else so I don't know what is right, what is wrong, what
_was_ right and what is right _now_.

Could you (or someone) suggest me a place where I can learn about how to
subclass a Gobject (or even better, a GtkWindow) without the fear that I
doing things in a "deprecated way" with consistent source examples?

--
Diogo F. S. Ramos