Re: How to simulate full window (manager) close-button behaviour?

Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 12:55 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
I mean, usually gtk_widget_destroy() or gtk_widget_hide() will be called as part of the handling, but those functions are not what I'm looking for; I also want to execute the full event handler "chain" that may lead to these calls as well as other tests or whatever that are part of the full close behaviour.

connect to the ::delete-event and override the default behaviour.
I don't think you understand my question. I'm not asking how to change the behaviour. What I'm looking for is a way to execute the exact behaviour that's configured, without having to duplicate a lot of code and risk getting inconsistencies.

Pressing the close button usually causes the window manager to send the
WM_DELETE_WINDOW message[1], as described in the ICCCM. A short look
over the GDK source code didn't reveal a location where GDK _sends_ that
message.

GDK is not responsible for sending the WM_DELETE_WINDOW client message:
the window manager is, and developers should *never* synthesise that.
My reason for asking was precisely that I want to avoid this, i.e. I would like to tell Gtk to do whatever it does when it *receives* the delete window event without actually having the program send the event to itself.

- T