Re: How to simulate full window (manager) close-button behaviour?

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 12:55 +0100, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:

> > I mean, usually gtk_widget_destroy() or gtk_widget_hide() will be called
> > as part of the handling, but those functions are not what I'm looking
> > for; I also want to execute the full event handler "chain" that may lead
> > to these calls as well as other tests or whatever that are part of the
> > full close behaviour.

connect to the ::delete-event and override the default behaviour.

> Pressing the close button usually causes the window manager to send the
> WM_DELETE_WINDOW message[1], as described in the ICCCM. A short look
> over the GDK source code didn't reveal a location where GDK _sends_ that
> message.

GDK is not responsible for sending the WM_DELETE_WINDOW client message:
the window manager is, and developers should *never* synthesise that.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,