Re: Overlapping GtkWidgets - any advice?

Spectacular concision. Thank you.

Now, if I understand GnomeCanvas properly, it will allow me to embed drawable objects into the canvas, instead of putting widgets into a GtkFixed. And this will all draw very nicely, without background obliteration etc. But doing so will sacrifice the GUI events that I get for free on an object-by-object basis from the GtkWidget class, yes?

The reason I had taken the GtkWidget approach is that these Foo objects I mentioned (the ones that draw circles) are actually controls that the user can move around. I'd like to be able to get mouse events and object dragging and such handled for me, to whatever degree is possible. This is why I had assumed that solving the overlapping GtkWidget problem would be the best approach. Does GnomeCanvas have a way to allow user interaction with individual elements? If so, that would completely solve my problem.

Jefficus

On 8/16/07, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 15:27 -0600, Jeff Smith wrote:
> I've looked all over the place, but I can't find a concise answer to
> this question.

GnomeCanvas.

concise enough?