Re: Install GTK on windows using no official installers

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:02:06 -0700 (PDT), David J. Andruczyk wrote:

> Beware that doing so (incorporating a "private" GTK+-
> release intro your installer) will mostly likely BREAK
> or screw up ANY OTHER GTK+- apps on the box..

No, it won't. Not just that, but GIMP includes it's own GTK+- since 2.3.12
onwards.

> Users report that if they had gaim installed,  this
> breaks things horribly.  They can't run my SW with
> gaim's GTK+- as it is missing gtkglext, and cairo
> dll.s, and instlaling the sladewin32.sf.net runtime
> doesn't resolve it as gaim's "privatized" gtk+- screws
> up the rest of the system except for itself.

This is one of the reasons I'll be packing GTK+- with the GIMP in 2.4 -
there's been too many problems with Gaim's GTK+-.

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< Contact address: >< jernej simoncic at isg si >