How to force GtkScrolledWindow to follow changes of a GtkTreeView?

Hi! I've stumbled upon a small problem I can't solve myself:
I'm writing a small app that has a list (GtkListStore) of
clickable/selectable items  within a scrolled window.
The problem is, when I add items to that list at runtime, the scrolled
window doesn't follow the changes and the v-scrollbar of that window
always returns to it's 'zero' position. Is there any way to alter this
behaviour? (in other words: how can I force the window to autoscroll to
the newly added item?)

Even the slightest tips on how could I solve this will be greatly
appreciated:)