Re: Required packages for gtk+

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 19:08 +0530, Anupama Chandwani wrote:
>  I want to add a package that sould be compiled before gtk+ & is a
> pre-requisite for it. I have added a check for the same in
> configure.in & created the configure file using autoconf.
>
> Now i want to add a "my_package.h" in gtk/gtkentry.c and also call
> functions from the same. Where should i add the dependent CFLAGS? or
> do a -lmy_package.so?
> Please tell me all areas that need to be edited to include my package
> as a pre-requisite.

I can't promise that I'm giving you *all* areas, but the basic places to
look are configure.ac (where various libraries are detected), and the
various Makefile.am files (particularly gtk/Makefile.am, if that's where
you're modifying code).  Read up on autoconf/automake, and dive in.
You'll need to re-generate the build system (I believe there's an
autogen.sh script in the tarball or SVN to do this) after making your
changes.

--
Michael Ekstrand
Research Assistant, Scalable Computing Laboratory