Re: ColorPicker problem (win32 version)

 > 2. Type "#0026FF" into the "Color name" field, then press Enter.
 > 3. Click the "eyedropper" button.
> 4. Point at the current colour display field inside the dialog, then > click (so as to select the colour.) > > Expected result:
 > Nothing changes - as I've just selected what was already the current colour.
> > Actual result:
 > The colour does change. The "name" value changes to "#0024FF",

Your display is in 16-bit mode.
It's not supposed to be, but I suppose I have to take a closer look at the setup.
 It uses only 16 bits for each pixel
(typically five bits for red, six for green, and five for blue, if I
recall correctly). A colour value like #0026FF uses eight bits for
each of red, green and blue. Thus the least significant bits of each
channel get truncated when it is actually displayed.
So, what you are saying is that the eyedropper can only get the colour values actually output by the display driver? I.e., there isn't a 24-bit version available in some "backend" or whatever?

- Toralf