Re: ColorPicker problem (win32 version)

Toralf Lund writes:
 > 2. Type "#0026FF" into the "Color name" field, then press Enter.
 > 3. Click the "eyedropper" button.
 > 4. Point at the current colour display field inside the dialog, then
 > click (so as to select the colour.)
 >
 > Expected result:
 > Nothing changes - as I've just selected what was already the current colour.
 >
 > Actual result:
 > The colour does change. The "name" value changes to "#0024FF",

Your display is in 16-bit mode. It uses only 16 bits for each pixel
(typically five bits for red, six for green, and five for blue, if I
recall correctly). A colour value like #0026FF uses eight bits for
each of red, green and blue. Thus the least significant bits of each
channel get truncated when it is actually displayed.

--tml