Re: (mild) performance issues

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 13:03:46 -0700 (PDT) Bobby wrote:

> I'm not sure if we're proving that the original post
> had a point or that we have a lot of hardware, some of
> it good, some of it crap ;)

It seems to me that you're proving that doing something mildly
outrageous on the sort of machine you can find being thrown in the
local dump (this Athlon 1.1 GHz machine I'm using was rescued from just
such a fate) is nonetheless just about possible. Though the implication
that 2.8 was much better than 2.10 is interesting!