Re: (severe) performance issues

Just tried the test again on the following:

   * Athlon 1.1 GHz
   * gtk 2.10.8
   * nVidia GeForce 2 MX 400
   * Same defaults

and I see about 99% CPU usage, shared by XOrg and the
executable itself, in about a 2-1 ratio.

I'm not sure if we're proving that the original post
had a point or that we have a lot of hardware, some of
it good, some of it crap ;)

--- jcupitt gmail com wrote:

> On 4/3/07, Bobby Jack <bobbykjack yahoo co uk>
> wrote:
> > My results with the following:
> >
> >    * Intel P4 3.2 GHz
> >    * Onboard graphics controller (this may well be
> the
> > limitation)
> >    * GTK 2.10.8
> >    * Test program defaults (50 labels, 100 FPS)
> >
> > are CPU usage consistently above 50%. I can try to
> > reproduce this on another machine (much slower
> CPU,
> > better - although still quite old - nvidia
> graphics
> > card) if that would be useful.
>
> That's interesting. I just tried on my laptop (1.8
> GHz PM, ATI
> mobility, gtk2.10) and I get about 40% CPU usage,
> which is more than
> I'd expect. I'll try building gtk2.10 on my work
> machine tomorrow and
> see if 2.8 -> 2.10 makes much difference.
>
> John

It's here! Your new message!