Building/Installing a GTK+ Application

Ok I have compiled my GTK+ application and everything works.  Now I want to be
able to install my application on other computers.  Assuming the other computers have GTK+ installed and is unix/linux based, how do I go about installing my application from some storage media, eg. a cd.
What files and libraries would need to be included on the cd.  I am not trying
to create a self installing cd just something that has whatever is necessary
to make my executable run.

If the unix/linux os does not have GTK+ installed what is needed then for my
program to run?