Re: Color sharable question regarding gdk_colormap_alloc_color()

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 09:51:38PM +0000, DC A wrote:

> Sorry again for not being able to understand. when api says
> "Writeable colors cannot be shared between applications."
> What it exactly means? As you 've said the same color
> can be allocated and used by applications running at the same time.
> So we are sharing the same allocated color? aren't we?

No.  Stop thinking about colours or we won't get anywhere.
Replace every occurrence of `colour' in what you write with
`colourmap entry'.  Colourmap entry is not the colour value,
it is a position in the map.  The colour at the position is
irrelevant for the distinction.  The only thing that matters
is how the positions are managed.  If two applications get
allocated two different *entries*, they can put two
different colours there or they can put the same colour
there.  It does not matter.  The *entries* are still
different (i.e., not shared).

Yeti

--
Whatever.