Re: Color sharable question regarding gdk_colormap_alloc_color()

No.  Stop thinking about colours or we won't get anywhere.
Replace every occurrence of `colour' in what you write with
`colourmap entry'.  Colourmap entry is not the colour value,
it is a position in the map.  The colour at the position is
irrelevant for the distinction.  The only thing that matters
is how the positions are managed.  If two applications get
allocated two different *entries*, they can put two
different colours there or they can put the same colour
there.  It does not matter.  The *entries* are still
different (i.e., not shared).

Thank you again for explaining and clarifying my gtk question.
Now I get it.

--DC

Say hello to the next generation of Search. Live Search ? try it now. http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca