Re: Color sharable question regarding gdk_colormap_alloc_color()

Yeti wrote:
Non-shareable means the application says `I want a colour
and I want to change it later' to the windowing system and
it gets an entry in the colourmap that no one else uses.
(Well, at least not at the same time.)

DC wrote:
So what youre saying is no two application can allocate same
color when writable option is set to TRUE while using gtk_colormap_alloc_color(). Is that true? If that's true then how come I can use the same allocated color (when both of these applications are running) to draw a picture?

Yeti wrote:
No, they can allocate the same colour in the sense you mean
it.  Each will get is own private colourmap entry, but the
colour values can be the same.

Sorry again for not being able to understand. when api says
"Writeable colors cannot be shared between applications."
What it exactly means? As you 've said the same color
can be allocated and used by applications running at the same time.
So we are sharing the same allocated color? aren't we?

--DC

Experience Live Search from your PC or mobile device today. http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca