RE: menu accel conflict with entry

I'm a newbie trying to add an entry box in the same
window with a menu with accel keys.  I've found that
when I type into the text entry box, I can't enter letters
used by the menu.  How do I make the entry box
have priority over the menu when it is selected?

Is the underwhelming response to my question due to
the fact that nobody knows the answer?  Or is there
no way to do what I'm trying to do?  Or is there
a different way to do what I'm trying to do (eg, a
different way to a menu accel keys?).  The default
behaviour seems odd... I can't think of any time
that somebody would want their keystrokes in an
entry box stolen by the menu accelerator.  Should
I report this as a bug (or enhancement request)?

Thanks.

        David

Search?Your way, your world, right now! http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/searchlaunch/?locale=en-us&FORM=WLMTAG