Re: menu accel conflict with entry

David L wrote:

Is the underwhelming response to my question due to
the fact that nobody knows the answer?  Or is there
no way to do what I'm trying to do?  Or is there
a different way to do what I'm trying to do (eg, a
different way to a menu accel keys?).  The default
behaviour seems odd... I can't think of any time
that somebody would want their keystrokes in an
entry box stolen by the menu accelerator.  Should
I report this as a bug (or enhancement request)?

There is no easy way I know of to make 'n' an accelerator and have it passed to an entry as well. You will probably have to add a modifier like "<Alt>" to fix the problem.

There may be some way to remove your entry field from the application's accelerator group, understanding that none of the application's accelerators will then work in the entry field.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab              We find comfort among those who
New Mexico State University         agree with us, growth among those
Box 30001, MSC 3CRL                 who don't.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                 -- Frank A. Clark