Re: gtk layering

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 10:58 -0400, Bill Cunningham wrote:
>     Sorry. You already said glib is for general programming. Alot to take in
> at once :) I'm mostly interested myself in window creation and events
> relating to that. If gtk+ has it's own would it work without X or is X
> needed indirectly?

as stated, there are implementation of Gdk that work on non-X systems.
GTK is used on win32, on DirectFB, on Aqua and with a few embedded non-X
systems. GTK doesn't know anything about X or any other rendering system
(*).

--p

(*) thats the theory. of course the distance between theory and practice
is greater in practice than in theory.