Re: GTK-Config

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 14:48 -0800, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
> --- aldo camargo und nodak edu wrote:
>
> > Hi GTK people:
> >
> > I am trying to compile Carmen Software (software to programm robots) and in the Module Map
> > Editor I found this problem; it seems like the gtk-config is not installed.
> >
> > I am using the gtk 2.8.19, that I downloaded from
> > http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gtk+/2.8/
> > I think that this missing a lot of files, could you send me the complete version of gtk 2.8.19
> > (including the gtk-config)
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance,
> >
> > Aldo
>
> Have a look at my tool (see signature) - it builds gtk+ out of the box, does
> not require root privileges, builds/installs everything locally, so integrity
> of your system won't be compromized.
>
> Atfer downloading and unpackaging the tarball you'll run something
> like this:
>
> ~/AppsFromScratch/20060710/bin/build.pl 1>build.log 2>&1 &

Ha ha, you gotta be kidding?

Do you seriously ask people who have build problems to download yet
another obscure build environment? They won't learn anything from
using "your tool".

And constantly advertizing "your tool" here is not what I'd call
good style either.

Anyway, just my two cent...

ciao,
--mitch