Re: How to change the look of gtk toggle button / new signal attaching

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 09:12:07AM +0200, hm wrote:

> Hi everyone, I`ve got a small noob question :
>
> How to change the look of gtk (toggle) button ? I  just want to make button not to look like button :) I would like it to look as a label, and act like button in meaning, that I would like to  use "clicked" signal.. I know, that adding new signals to old widgets is possible, but How to do it ? How to add signal "clicked" (for example) to a gtk label ? I`m noob, and i don`t actually know what Marshaller is, and so one.. if anyone could explain it to me, i would be grateful

the clicked event implementation is fairly complicated.  it involves
capturing mouse down events and mouse up events...  making sure they
both happen within the boundaries of the widget and there appear to be
some timing requirements as well.  not sure.  but, you don't want to
re-create it.

to make a button that doesn't look like a button, try using the standard
interface of the button's class hierarchy to remove the 3d effects, and
changing the color scheme so that the "pressed" state has the same color
as the not-pressed state.  basically, the idea is to just remove all the
effects that make the button *look* like a physical 3d button.  it's not
too difficult to do.

- Anna