Re: Can't run gimp after gtk upgrade

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 08:21:35PM -0600, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> SuSE 9.0
> gimp 2.2.3
>
> I just compiled and installed the latest gtk+ libs, and get the
> following error when I try to run gimp:
>
> gimp: relocation error: /opt/gnome/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined
> symbol: g_object_compat_control

There is something wrong with your GLib installation, most
likely you have two versions installed simultaneously and
the wrong one is picked (or found at all).  The solution is
*not* to install libraries manually when you have installed
them as rpms -- build rpms of the newer versions and upgrade
to them.

Yeti

--
That's enough.