problem in gtk+cross compiling

Hi  all,

am cross compiling gtk+  on my powerpc-405-linux-gnu.For that i had already cross compiled all the dependencies with proper configuration.following are the dependencies.

its listed in priority wise

1)zlib
2)libiconv
3)gettext
4)jpeg,png,tiff loading libraries
5)pkgconfig(required only on host,cross compile it when both host and target is PPC)
6)glib
7)expat
8)freetype
9)fontconfig
10)cairo
11)atk
12)pango
13)gtk

but when cross compiling gtk,it ends up with the following error

ERROR
----------------------------
checking pixbuf loaders to build...
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
checking for x86 platform... no
checking for gdk-pixbuf-csource... /usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-csource
checking for X... disabled
configure: error: X development libraries not found

even though i disabled the X  window system using --without-x ,its searching for  X libraries.
please help me to avoid the  above stuffs .

REGARDS

RAKESH P
Bangalore