Re: Can't run gimp after gtk upgrade

David Necas (Yeti) wrote:
On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 08:21:35PM -0600, Jim Sabatke wrote:
SuSE 9.0
gimp 2.2.3

I just compiled and installed the latest gtk+ libs, and get the following error when I try to run gimp:

gimp: relocation error: /opt/gnome/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_object_compat_control

There is something wrong with your GLib installation, most
likely you have two versions installed simultaneously and
the wrong one is picked (or found at all).  The solution is
*not* to install libraries manually when you have installed
them as rpms -- build rpms of the newer versions and upgrade
to them.

Yeti

--
That's enough.

I've checked and rechecked the install numerous times. I've done this many times before, so I know how to install from source.

BTW, I compiled and installed libXft-2.1.7 and the pango compile "INCLUDE" error went away, so I now have X and Xft for backends along with FreeType. Even that doesn't fix the problem.

I'm beating my head against the wall here. I've checked with 'locate' and there are no more glib installs anywhere.

Helllllp,

Jim