Re: Usability of the GTK+ 2 file open dialog

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 02:02:01PM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> And of course, nobody in this thread can remember the years of screaming
> and whining about the old file chooser...

With all respect to you, this is a bogus argument.
A different file open dialog does not automatically mean
a good file open dialog (note: I did not scream, it was not
visually appealing but it was pleasure to use with keyboard).

So, there was some vision, something was tried, something
was sacrificed... and now it is time to admit it does not
work exactly as envisioned and to think about restoration
of the good things of the old dialog without killing what is
good in the new dialog.

Yeti

--
That's enough.