Re: Question about gtk_label_set_justify()

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

But judging from the initial posts in this thread... I have to ask,
why on earth would you want to streach the labels in a table to look
more uniform ? why not justify/align them centered ?

This is how Chinese is typically fully justified; each character is evenly distributed between the horizontal margins (I'm not certain about full justification of vertical Chinese). You often see this on menus in Chinese restaurants.

Some people like the look of a centered label and some people like the look of full justification. It is a personal preference. The question now is whether Pango should be able to provide Chinese-style full justification or if it should be handled somewhere else.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab              They never open their mouths
New Mexico State University         without subtracting from the
Box 30001, MSC 3CRL                 sum of human knowledge.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                 -- Thomas Bracket Reed (1839-1902)