Re: gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file not recognizing png file format

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 20:23 +0530, varadaraj yatirajula wipro com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am designing a GUI to run on an arm platform.
>
> I am creating a button and overlaying it with an image which can be
> either an xpm or png format - however it looks like the xpm and png
> file formats are not being recognized on the board - I get the
> following error when executing gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file():
>
> Couldn't recognize the image file format for file for file
> '/mnt/run/button.png'
>
> However, the same program works on a Linux machine (X11), and the
> pixmap is displayed correctly.
>
> Any inputs on what may be the cause of the error?

Looks like the gtk+ that compiled and installed on your
particular arm machine was built without png support.

You should let whomever is responsable for packaging
gtk+ on that system know about this error, or maybe
it was done intentionally.

Cheers,
                      -Tristan