Re: Windows GTK hang 'not responding'

Where is select() being run from?  Is it from within the GTK+ main loop
or from somewhere in your application or in another library?  I think
GTK+ uses poll() to listen for input...  which may be implemented with
select()...  but all the same...  if it's the select() call that GTK+ is
running then there must be something weird going on.  If you are calling
select(), then GTK+ will be unresponsive...  because it cannot respond
to input if a callback is sitting in a blocking function.  If this is
your problem (you're running select() and not allowing GTK+ to run
select()/poll() for you) then you may want to see if there's a way to
hand your file descriptors over to the main GTK+ for listening.  I don't
think there's a way to make select() listen for mouse events.

- Anna