Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

I found out also that when I try to select fontset for gtkrc.ja from fonts.dir of misc fonts, it displays the following warning messages:

Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation

Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1

And the gtk-widget diisplay garbage...

But when I try to use the others, the warning messages disappeared but again, gtk-widgets displays nothing....

I am trying to add the fonts which this site provide
ftp://viper2.netfort.gr.jp/pub/peace24/tgz/9.1/XFree86-jpfonts-2.1-noarch-1.tgz

But again, theres no effect...

On 10/19/05, Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> wrote:
mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp writes:
> >Yes, my X11 fonts contains these files. But is it necessary to have xlsfonts
> >and xfontsel???I think this commands being removed to fit the X-server to
> >our target board....

But X11 is a network protocol, no need to run xlsfonts on the same
machine ("board") as the X server... Or does your implementation leave
out TCP connections to the X server?

--tml