Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

Hi,

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:11:40 +0800
Xyber Blue <xyberblue gmail com> wrote:

>I am trying to display a japanese display for my gtk Cross compiled linux
>embedded system. Im using the gtk+-1.2.9 for this is one of the
>gtk-1.2version that is supported by dillo web browser.

It sounds as you're working on some Linux based PDA like "Linux Zaurus"
by SHARP. Dillo is running on Qt on framebuffer? Or, it is running on X11?
The font handling is very different between these 2 foundations.

>When I am going to used UTF-8, it displays a warning message "Gdk-warning:
>locale not supported by C library" and it will display english fonts.

If you execute
	locale -a | grep ja_JP
you can get the list of ja_JP.XXX locales that libc on your system
supports. Could you find ja_JP.UTF-8?

>But if I am going to used the eucJP, the warning message disappeared and the
>widgets only displayed lines instead of text.

Japanese text in widget except of button (e.g. textbox widget used by
editors) is displayed correctly? I'm not sure whether Japanese developers
had ever tested gtk+-1.2 well on non-X11 systems.

Regards,
mpsuzuki