Some basic questions about gtk/gtk+ in embedded system

Hi all,

I am involved in a embedded system project in which a gui is required.  I
have heard of something about gtk and had a look at its FAQ.  But I still
have several questions,
1. Does the gtk+ can be used as an embedded gui?
2. What is based on?  Or what lib does it require?
3. Can it be compared to Qt/E or MiniGUI?  What are the advantages and
disadvantages?
4. Is it easy to develop with since I have not much experience in embedded
development?
5. What hardware does it support?  Does it support omap5912?
6. What is the steps of building gtk+ for embedded system?

Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Li Weichen
2005-12-1