Re: Some basic questions about gtk/gtk+ in embedded system

hello

> 1. Does the gtk+ can be used as an embedded gui?

Yes, it does. Actually there are many projects doing so. see
www.maemo.org for example.

> 2. What is based on?  Or what lib does it require?

Well, afaik there isn't an spefic version on gtk targed to embedded
systems running 'X' as graphical backend. There is "port" of it to run
over a frame buffer.

> 3. Can it be compared to Qt/E or MiniGUI?  What are the advantages and
> disadvantages?

Hummm ... it is hard to say, once qt/e run over a fb, doesn't it ? I'd
say the gtk is more heavyweight than the other ones you mentioned, but
it does provides a complitiness set of widgets ...

> 4. Is it easy to develop with since I have not much experience in embedded
> development?

You implement in the same way. The embedded-gtk that I'm using is the
comes from the same sourcebase , just compiled to another archtecture
(arm in this case).

> 5. What hardware does it support?  Does it support omap5912?

Yes, I've used 5912 and other omap ones.

> 6. What is the steps of building gtk+ for embedded system?

Give us more details about your system ... X/fb/whatever and so on ...

--

--Antonio Gomes
Embedded Linux Lab

if (yourJob == boring) {
        // Go to the opensource community for (at least) having fun
        sendRedirect ("http://www.whateveronlinux.org";);

} else {

       suck_it_up (you);
}