changing text colors in .gtkrc.mine

Hey.

Well... I'm going slightly mad after trying to change colors for gnome-terminal for about 2 weeks or so.
This is unreal...

The following very simple .gtkrc.mine file

style "demiurg-test" = "bluecurve-default"
{
        bg[NORMAL] = "#000000"
        bg[ACTIVE] = "#000000"
        fg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"
        text[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"
}

class "GtkWidget" style "demiurg-test"

well... I can't even say that it does not work, since it does work, but for some very selected applications, for instance "winetools",
which I discovered accidentally since for most applications, like gnome-terminal it does not !!!

This is driving me crazy... I googled for hours and read every documentation I could find, but could not resolve this mystery...
Any help would be appriciated.

P.S. I'm using out of the box CentOS 4.2 distribution.

--
Alexander Sirotkin