Re: GnomeDateEdit

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 10:42:49AM +0100, abhi rocks wrote:
> hi
>
> Could someone please tell me how to access the
> GtkEntry field in the GnomeDateEdit widget.
> Or it would be cooler if someone could tell me how to
> extract the date and time from time_t data type.

look at the asctime/ctime/gmtime/localtime/etc. man page.  (man
localtime).  those functions conform to several standards, including
POSIX, so should be pretty portabl.  Also, the g_date_* functions in
glib should provide similar functionality.  The GTime data type appears
to be identical to time_t, so all references to GTime in the docs about
the g_date_* functions apply also to the time_t type.

take a look at the source if you still want direct access to the
GtkEntry in GnomeDateEdit.

- Ben