Re: Cross-compiling glib for arm

Hi clive,

Clive Chapman ha scritto lo scorso 18/05/2005 16:10:
Hi Carlo

When you did a Make after you did the ./configure did you get any errors ?

I get;

giounix.c:185: error: `SSIZE_MAX' undeclared (first use in this function)

I did find an old posting for glib 2.0.0 that suggested the way to correct it was to add
 #define _POSIX_SOURCE

to the giounix.c file.

I am compiling glib 2.6.4 and I am having the same problem but the #define _POSIX_SOURCE is already in giounix.c

This is *exactly* the point at which I arrived using my flat toolchain; but this problem did not raise with scratchbox.

I did find another posting that suggested I should just delete the two offending lines of code. (For the time being I have done that just to see what happened..... Make then works and I get no other problems - also Make install works)

You seemed to get pango and ATK etc.... compiled and working quickly

Not yet; at this moment I'm transferring the sources of xfree under scratchbox, in order to have a full clean X environment to be used during pango & C build procedure (I don't want to compile them --without-package).

- did you not have any other problems ?

Not yet, but I'm sure I will ;-)

Carlo