Re: how to get rid of mouse-over button color?

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:53:12AM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> A custom theme could do whatever it wants ... both pieces of information
> are passed to it. state_type and shadow_type.

can you give me some quick pointers about how to get started making a
custom theme?  I MUST allow my users to select colors for many groups of
toggle buttons, so I can't really rely on anything remotely hard-coded.
I just want one tiny little change...  the prelight condition should be
ignored, but the user selected active and normal colors should be used.
is that possible to do with a custom theme?

> I've expressed multiple times recently a willingness to have a
> global "touchscreen-mode" toggle for GTK+. If someone was willing to
> do the work.

I'm willing to do some work.  What changes do you propose?  the prelight
thing is the only bit that's giving me much trouble so far.  Everything
else works as well as you could expect.  scrolling through anything is a
little clumsy.  menus sometimes work poorly.  I can live with most of
it.

What do you think is the best long-term solution for the toggle button
pre-light color issue?

Thanks,

- Ben