Re: how to get rid of mouse-over button color?

>> I want the mouse-over color to go away so that I just have a "normal"
>> and an "active" color for the buttons.  Is there an easy way to do this?
>> I'm thinking about programmatically moving the mouse pointer to some
>> neutral location after each toggle button selection.  (don't know how to
>> do that (yet).)  Is there another way?
>
>Which theme does this currently happen with? Because you should always
>be able to see whether a button is pressed or not, even on mouse-over.

read the message again.

IMHO, the designers of GTK made a serious error with the "prelight"
state. Consider a widget whose appearance is different in two
different states, "normal" and "active", perhaps based on color, but
possibly in other ways as well. When the mouse pointer moves over it,
it enters the "prelight" state. The "prelight" state is a single
state, and therefore it cannot distinguish between
"prelight-of-an-active-widget" and "prelight-of-a-normal-widget". As a
result, moving the mouse into a widget like this causes loss of
information - you visually indicate mouse "focus", but you lose any
indication of the widget state.

there are ways to work around this, such as disabling enter/leave
events for a widget, but they all have nasty side effects. it would be
much nicer to tell GTK globally that "this application cannot use
prelighting because it causes loss of information" and be done with
it.

the only alternative is a widget-by-widget hand-construction of how to
draw the prelight state, which is so tedious and stupid as to be
absurd.

--p