Re: Report generator

Well, if you have a look to my project, at http://reports.sourceforge.net,
you'll see all the features it has (The version on cvs has more features
yet). The only feature I am not committed to do, even in Qt, is the graphic
designer :(

I am decided to por it to GTK, but I need support from the GTK developers.
When I say porting it to GTK, I mean that I am going to abandon the
development on Qt.

Here is a list of the main features that are fully implemented:

- OO design that allows the use of any kind of input or output.
    - Current inputs: SQL, CSV, XML, Cached report, user defined
    - Current outputs: X, HTML, Text, XML, Open Office, Cached report, user
defined
- Definition of the report layout in XML. Unlimited number of objects,
grouping levels and subsections.
- The measures of the objects can be given in mm, cm, inches, dots and
percentages, and can be mixed.
- Comprehensive set of properties: Styles, fonts, colors, borders, margins,
mask, formats, background images, alignment, adjustment, etc.
- Summary values: sums, counts, etc., both as total and running.
- Formulae that allow to change the properties of any object and perform
calculations on the value of the objects.

In this moment, I am working in a trhee pass processing on the report to
handle the use of summary values at the top of the group sections, and to be
able to use expressions like page 1 of 20.

I have realized that in order to port it to GTK, I only need a very simple XML
parser, a Date class and some classes to access databases. Here is where I
need the suppor from this list.

Regards!

--
Tengo que cambiar mi firma