Need Help on Changing Window style!

Hi All,
             I have an Application, which uses gtk-1.2, when i run it the
Application Windows use the same Window Characteristics,
of the Theme set in my desktop( RedHat 7.2) . Now i would like to change the
Window colors of my APP, to something which
the user would like to pick, or some default styles that i can give the user
to pick.(Like the Media players generally have - Skins !)

How do i get started with this ? what API's should i look at to get this
done? , some links would be helpful !
Please let me know !

Cheers.
Simith Nambiar