Re: Last post

Please use better subjects than `Yet another question' and
`Last post'.

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 12:21:53AM -0800, William D. Tallman wrote:
> Wouldn't you know it.  After all this time, I just happened to notice
> the solution in the back of Pennington.  Run nested instances of
> gtk_main().

Running nested instances of gtk_main() is rarely needed.
If I understand your problem, just construct your auxiliary
windows and show them with gtk_widget_show[_all]().  That's
all.  Delete everything main-loop related (except from main
app code).

By default, windows are automatically destroyed by Gtk+ on
delete event. You can connect your own callback to perform
additional actions, but if you only need them destroyed that
Just Works.

If your auxiliary windows are dialogs and you want to run
them modally, use gtk_dialog_run() (this in fact involves
a nested main loop, but it's hidden and you do not need to
care about it).

Yeti

--
That's enough.