Re: TreeView: Multiple selection inefficient?

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 16:31 +0200, Matthias Kaeppler wrote:

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 12:47 +0200, Matthias Kaeppler wrote:

Murray Cumming wrote:

You don't have to call foreach() on each row. But if you really want to
examine each selection whenever the selection changes, what's the
alternative?

Hopefully you more often want to just know the first and last selected
rows, or if anything is selected at all. Then you wouldn't have to call
foreach() on them all.

That's correct, but how can I achieve this? It would be enough for me to only know the first and last row which is among the selection. Maybe even only the last.

get_selected_rows().

This returns a Glib::ListHandle. Although it is claimed that these behave like an STL container, I can neither decrement an iterator nor use reverse iterators. How am I supposed to get the last element from this list?

Please see the Basics chapter in the gtkmm book and/or the FAQ. It is an
intermediate type.

Yes, sorry, see post below.
Not relevant anymore anyway since I have figured out that the problem wasn't on my side. The internal Gtk+ signal handlers already cause the slowdown, see post at the very bottom.

--
Matthias Kaeppler