Re: A Threaded Tutorial

Tiago Cogumbreiro wrote:
Yes the examples were not online, now they are, sorry about that.
Also I've created a copy named gtk_threads.html, because links does not
go well with .xhtml extension.
I've updated it and corrected some typos.

You can read the article in this link:
http://tiago.blogdns.org/gtk_threads.html
[...]

Hi,
    After reading the article I'd have to say that this *is* a subject
that is due for tutorial coverage (as I find myself constantly answering
those same questions...). I just have one little criticism; in an article
entitled "Gtk+ Threaded Programming" I would expect to find coverage on
GCondition, GMutex, g_thread_join() and friends, I wouldn't expect to find
anything on progress bars though, maybe the title is just a little misleading.
Maybe something like:
          "Background worker threads in a Gtk+ interface"
would be more suitable ?

Cheers,
                                       -Tristan