Gtk2 nested List question

Hi guys,

I'm working on an application which I want to graphically nest representations of Perl arrays and hashes as lists (and perhaps trees).

For a number of reasons, among which is performance, Gtk2 looks like it doesn't really store real widgets inside lists/trees, but instead uses cell painters. Does that mean that there's no way of nesting a list in a list, say?

I know that the CLists are still available, but I don't think that their Perl Gtk2 bindings are exposed because they are deprecated. I might also be able to get away with tables, but need to experiment with this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Regards,

Nick Glencross