Re: RFC: GObject FAQ

On Wed, 2004-25-08 at 02:39 +0000, Tiago Cogumbreiro wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I've just created a GObject FAQ where I try to answer, hopefully
> correctly, some questions I've had while programming with GObject.
>
> http://s1x.homelinux.net/documents/gtk/gobject-faq.html
>
> I would like to receive comments on bugs/typos it may contain as well as
> more entries if needed. Next thing I intend to do is to explain:
> - how interfaces should be implemented more throughly
> - properties
> - signals
>
> PS: That page also contains a simple guide on threaded programing which
> I've already brought to the list and some thoughts about Signals versus
> Listeners Interfaces.
>
> Thank you all for your time,
>
> Tiago Cogumbreiro

Hi Tiago,

	I recently did a similar thing: writing down the answers to my own
questions as I learnt GObject. However there are some differences. My
text is really ugly, not like your site which is quite nice. My
perspective tries not just to state how GObject currently is, but to
also justify *why* it is that way -- in other words I try to ask myself
how would I do OO in C.

	So my question to you is can we collaborate? I think I have more text
than you currently, so I would like to merge your text with mine, then
mark the result up and post it on your site with credits to both of us.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Ryan