Re: Always forcing core font rendering

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 02:07:22AM -0400, Noah Levitt wrote:
> > 	I've tried the GDK_USE_XFT=0 trick, but this doesn't seem to
> > always work - it works as I'd expect with things like LogJam (it falls
> > back to 100dpi core fonts), but mozilla doesn't behave at all as expected
> > (instead of following my FontPath ordering, it oddly chooses a Courier
> > variant...)
>
> Mozilla isn't really a gtk+ app, and doesn't respect
> GDK_USE_XFT. (I think.)

No, it definitely does.  It's just that strange fonts get chosen when
you disable it with GDK_USE_XFT.  I think it's probably easier to deal
with this via mozilla build options though.

Is there a way to build gtk2 so that it doesn't have Xft/fontconfig
support at all?  I haven't seen it in the build documentation, so I'm
guessing there's no way around it there.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross willow seitz com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.