blocking signals

Hi,

I am using a spinbutton of which I change the value by interactively by
pushing the arrows, but also from another place in the software. However
I capture the "changed" signal, which is very annoying when changing the
value of the spinbutton in the program as it makes the callback function
respond also to the change of the spinbutton value.

What is the best way to temporarily block or interrupt the "changed"
signal to the callback function ?

Best regards,

Peter Van Osta