RE: Slow Rendering?

Hi,

Oh good, I was beginning to wonder if I'd suddenly lost my
mind...

> The answer to your question about speed issues on remote displays is
> that you could try to use X11 core fonts by setting the environment
> variable GDK_ENABLE_XFT to 0. This would disable antialiased fonts
> which are likely causing your speed issues. Does your X-Server
> implement the RENDER extension?

Hrmm. Setting the variable didn't seem to make much of a
difference. The application now takes ~12s, but popups sped
up to ~3s

RENDER isn't implemented as far as I know since I get to see
the "extension RENDER missing" error every time I run my
program :D

Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Brooke