Re: Slow Rendering?

Hi,

Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:

> Unless you set GDK_ENABLE_XFT to 0 explicitely, you are using the
> PangoXft backend then. Font configuration is done using fontconfig.
> Please check the fontconfig user documentation at
>
>  http://pdx.freedesktop.org/~fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html

Sorry, I confused your answer with another thread where a user was
asking for information about font configuration.

The answer to your question about speed issues on remote displays is
that you could try to use X11 core fonts by setting the environment
variable GDK_ENABLE_XFT to 0. This would disable antialiased fonts
which are likely causing your speed issues. Does your X-Server
implement the RENDER extension?

Sven