Re: problem building threaded glib-2.2.1

On Montag, 10. März 2003 15:46, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I'd guess pretty strongly that it has to be something wrong
> with the way you compiled glibc. (I take it, that this is a
> from-scratch system of some sort.) I've never heard of a similar
> problem with the thread tests on Linux.

You guessed it, it's a home grown system.

> (You definitely don't need the --with-threads= option)
>
> I guess it's time to dig out the debugger and have some fun :-)
> You should be able to attach to the hung test with gdb
> and see where it is hung.

I did that - the test program works fine if linked against a nonoptimized
debuggable libpthread, but hangs if linked against libpthread.so compiled
with '-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer', and segfaults if linked statically against
libpthread.a compiled with those flags. So it is indeed a glibc-related
problem.

The test program uses pthread_create() to launch a thread that exits
right away, and then calls pthread_join() - thats all.

Thanks for helping me,
Thomas