problem building threaded glib-2.2.1

Hi,

I just tried to build glib-2.2.1. Since I am on a Linux system
with glibc-2.3.1 including linuxthreads installed, I used the
--with-threads=posix argument with configure. Even when I
leave out this argument, my thread environment is detected
as 'posix'. However, configure hangs when it is running the
posix thread tests (the tests compile without errors).

I believe my glibc/linuxthreads installation to be sound,
because it never caused me any trouble so far. Any
ideas?

Thomas