Re: problem building threaded glib-2.2.1

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 11:49, Thomas Koeller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to build glib-2.2.1. Since I am on a Linux system
> with glibc-2.3.1 including linuxthreads installed, I used the
> --with-threads=posix argument with configure. Even when I
> leave out this argument, my thread environment is detected
> as 'posix'. However, configure hangs when it is running the
> posix thread tests (the tests compile without errors).
>
> I believe my glibc/linuxthreads installation to be sound,
> because it never caused me any trouble so far. Any
> ideas?

I'd guess pretty strongly that it has to be something wrong
with the way you compiled glibc. (I take it, that this is a
from-scratch system of some sort.) I've never heard of a similar
problem with the thread tests on Linux.

(You definitely don't need the --with-threads= option)

I guess it's time to dig out the debugger and have some fun :-)
You should be able to attach to the hung test with gdb
and see where it is hung.

Regards,
                                   Own